Dr. Jong Lim, Ph.D.
Dr. Jongil Lim’s research is on the coordination and control of human locomotion and posture. A particular focus of his research is on the interaction between mechanical and perceptual factors underlying the control of posture and gait, and this work extends to runners and military populations. My research agenda also includes examining: 1) control of eye movements in goal-directed movement; 2) sensorimotor function to identify and track progressive multiple sclerosis; 3) universal step-detection algorithm using accelerometers and inertial sensors.
- B.S., Seoul National University, 2002
- M.S., Seoul National University, 2004
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Area(s) of Specialization
- Han, H., Lim, J. I., Viskochil, R., Aguiar, E., Tudor-Locke, C., & Chipkin, S. (2018). Pilot study of impact of a pedal desk on postprandial responses in sedentary workers, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 50(10), 2156-2163. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., & Chang, S. H. (2018). Effects of point of aim on the accuracy and eye movement behavior in bowling: A pilot study. International Journal of Kinesiology & Sports Science, 6(3), 38-44. [Link]
- Rinaldi, N. M., Lim, J. I., Hamill, J., Van Emmerik, R. E. A., & Moraes, R. (2018). Walking combined with reach-to-grasp while crossing obstacles at different distances, Gait & Posture, 65, 1-7. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., Palmer, C. J., Busa, M., Amado, A., Rosado, L., Ducharme, S. W., Simon, D., & Van Emmerik, R. E. A. (2017). Additional helmet and pack loading reduces situational awareness during the establishment of marksmanship posture, Ergonomics, 60(6), 824-836. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., Chang, S. H., Lee, J. H., & Kim, K. J. (2017). Effects of smart phone texting on the visual perception and dynamic walking stability, Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation, 13(1), 48-54. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., Busa, M., Van Emmerik, R. E. A., & Hamill, J. (2017). Adaptive changes in running kinematics and their impact on shock transmission as a function of head stability demands, Journal of Biomechanics, 52, 122-129. [Link]
- Chang, S. H., Lim, J. I., Lee, J., & Han, K. (2016). An investigation of factors on catching performance: A constraints-led approach, International Journal of Human Movement Science, 10(2), 99-111. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., Schuna Jr., J., M., Busa, M., Umberger, B. R., Katzmarzyk, P. T., Van Emmerik, R. E. A., & Tudor-Locke, C. (2016). Allometrically scaled children’s clinical and free-living ambulatory behavior, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 48(12), 2407-2416. [Link]
- Busa, , Lim, J. I., Van Emmerik, R. E. A., & Hamill, J. (2016). Head and tibial acceleration as a function of stride frequency and visual feedback during running, PLoS ONE, 11(6): e0157297. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., Amado, A., Sheehan, L., & Van Emmerik, R. E. A. (2015). Dual task interference during walking: The effects of texting on situational awareness and gait stability. Gait & Posture, 42, 466-471. [Link]
- Lim, J. I. (2015). Effects of spatial and temporal constraints on interceptive aiming task performance and gaze control. Perceptual & Motor Skills, 121(2), 509-527. [Link]
- Lee, H. I., Park, S., Lim, J. I., Chang, S. H., Ji, J. H., Lee, S., & Lee, J. (2015). Influence of driver’s career and secondary cognitive task on visual search behavior in driving: A dual-task paradigm. Advances in Physical Education, 5, 245-254. [Link]
- Lim, J. I., & Carlton, L. G. (2014). Effects of target motion characteristics on interceptive aiming performance and gaze control. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 45, 409-428. [Link]
- College of Education and Human Development Grant Award. (2017-2018). Texas A&M University – San Antonio.
- Research Council Grant Award (2018-2019). Texas A&M University – San Antonio.