Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program
Graduates from early college high schools have the opportunity to join a distinguished community of scholars who have chosen to continue their academic journey at A&M-SA.
The Greater Texas Foundation (GTF) Scholars Program provides 40 early college high school graduates, throughout the state of Texas an opportunity to earn a scholarship of up to $2000 a semester. This scholarship is intended for those students who anticipate completing their Bachelor’s program in three years or less and display financial need.
GTF Scholars will receive many benefits including:
- Academic, and financial support
- Peer Mentoring
- Career exploration
- Leadership and team building events
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Graduate from an early college high school in Texas (List of TEA Designated Early College High Schools)
- Have a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Have earned a minimum of 30 college credit hours
- Enroll at A&M-SA as a full-time freshman student
- Must complete and submit the Greater Texas Foundation Scholar Application by the priority deadline. The scholarship application can be completed online at Greater Texas Foundation Scholar Application
- Must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) to demonstrate financial need by the state priority deadline. The FAFSA application can be completed online at FAFSA
- Be capable of completing the degree program in three years or less
The Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Timely submission of an application is encouraged, as this is a highly competitive program, and not all students who apply will be selected.
Application Deadline Extended!! Deadline to apply May 24, 2019
The application deadline is May 1, 2019, and final program selections will be made by, May 19, 2019. Please feel free to contact the Department of University Access to check on your eligibility or status.