What is ECHS?
Early college high schools (ECHS) are innovative schools that challenge students through rigorous coursework while providing wrap around support. Texas A&M University-San Antonio partners with ISD’s to provide students dual enrollment to support this school design.
- Interested students must submit an Apply Texas application and answer ‘Yes’ to the question, ‘Are you currently and early college high school student’
- All ECHS students are required to be TSI ready in at least reading and writing to begin taking college courses in the program. TSI readiness is required for math and science courses. Please see the Testing Center site for current college level scores.
- High school should submit high school transcript
- Student should submit college transcript (if applicable)
- High school should submit bacterial meningitis information for student
- High school should submit signed Parent Consent Form
- Student Resources
- Partnership Resources
Currently, A&M-SA partners with Southwest Preparatory School: Northwest Campus. The early college program through A&M-SA is only available to students who attend their campus. For more information regarding their campus and admissions criteria to attend their school, please click here.
If you are a K-12 institution and interested in receiving more information about creating a partnership with Texas A&M-University-SA, please feel free to contact the Department of University Access.