Freshman Transfer Requirements
Transfer students with 29 transferable hours or less must meet the following:
- Complete the online application for admission to Texas A&M University-San Antonio at www.applytexas.org.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores.
- Submit official transcripts from any university or colleges attended while enrolled in high school, including dual credit or early college in high school. Transcripts should not be dated more than one year old from the print date on the transcript.
- Transcripts should be sent via mail to:
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
Office of Admissions
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
If previous institutions participate in the sending of secure electronic transcripts (e-script, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or Trans Networks) transcripts must be sent via email to: email@example.com.
6. Pay non-refundable $15 application fee. Some student may be eligible for a fee waiver.
7. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to specific departments.
If you were home schooled, that transcript is needed and it needs to be notarized in order to be considered official.
Please be aware if a you apply multiple times, the application submitted most recently (regardless of term or type) will void any previously submitted applications.
If you did not enroll for the term in which you were admitted, you will be required to reapply, and will be re-evaluated to determine admissibility.
Must Meet Freshman and Transfer Student Requirements:
Freshman Admission Requirements
2 of the 3 requirements:
1. Rank in the top 50% of your class
2. Overall high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (other scales will be converted to the 4.0 scale). Be advised, a weighted GPA is used for admission purposes to A&M-San Antonio.
3. Satisfy the required scores on the SAT or ACT assessment:
SAT: Minimum score of 940 on the redesigned SAT (critical reading and math sections); 860 on the SAT taken prior to March 2016
ACT: Minimum composite score of 18
*SAT and ACT scores will be superscored. New SAT scores will be converted to the old scoring system. Please see the College Board website for conversion.
Transfer Student Requirements
1. Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
2. Must be eligible to return to all previously attended colleges or universities
*Applications will not be evaluated until all transcripts from previous colleges/universities are received.
Fall Semester: Priority Deadline March 15th; no applications accepted past August 5th
Spring Semester: Priority Deadline November 1st; no applications accepted past December 20th
Summer Semester: Priority Deadline April 1st; no applications accepted past July 1st
Deadlines above reflect the deadlines for the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2019 terms
The application will not be accepted after the final deadline date. Supporting documents to complete admission files must be received by 5 p.m. on the date of the final deadline. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or holiday will be extended to the following business day. Applications that are not completed by the final deadline will not be processed for an admission decision for that application term and will be withdrawn by the university. Application deadlines are subject to change and do not reflect, nor guarantee, preferred course offerings will be available.
SAT/ACT School Code