GTCP Program Entrance Requirements
Program Entrance Requirements
- Full acceptance into the University
- Complete and submit the GRADUATE TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (GTCP) APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION (.pdf). There is an GTCP application fee of $50.00 (non-refundable). Submit a copy of the receipt with the GTCP Application to the Main Campus.
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Overall 2.6 GPA or 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of college work.
- Successful completion of one of the following basic skills tests with the following minimum scores:
- Applicants will be assigned Degree Status when they have an overall undergraduate GPAs between 2.00 - 2.59 and a minimum GRE composite (Q+V) score of 1,000 or MAT score of 398;
- Applicants with GPA between 3.00 - 4.00 must have a minimum GRE composite score of 800 or MAT score of 388.
- Applications will be reviewed to make sure that all information is complete. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by phone and by email. Those not selected will also be contacted. If you are not selected you may re-apply for the next semester.
- Those selected will be contacted to schedule a interview with GTCP Admissions Committee.
- Applicants approved by the GTCP Admissions Committee will receive an acceptance letter by e-mail.
- Successful writing sample (done on the day of the interview).
- Incomplete applications will be sent back to applicant.
A guide for all students in the GTCP program and two-semester internship. Handbook must be reviewed prior to training.
Clinical Teaching Handbook
A guide for clinical teachers during the one-semester clinical teaching experience.