Reporting directly to the Vice-Provost for Research and Graduate Studies, The Office of Sponsored Programs promotes excellence in teaching and learning through its support of research, creative and scholarly activities at Texas A&M University-San Antonio.
OSP oversees all aspects of the pre-award grant process to federal, state, and local government agencies*, including:
- Identification of potential funders
- Obtaining and interpreting RFPs and proposal guidelines
- Obtaining salary information and assisting with budget development
- Obtaining and Completing SF424’s and other standard government forms
- Reviewing/editing proposal narrative and provide feedback
- Assisting in assembling and submitting electronic proposals
- Assisting with and submitting letters of intent, preliminary proposals and teaming agreements
- Coordinating review of grant terms and contract clauses with general counsel and negotiate on behalf of the University
- Completing University paperwork to authorize establishment of award accounts in FAMIS
*Pre-Award Services for Corporations or foundations or agencies that require a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status to apply are handled by Institutional Advancement.