Annual Benefit Enrollment
- Navia Benefit Solutions will be replacing Payflex as the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) provider.
- Flexible Spending Account maximum increased from $2,600 to $2,650.
- The Long-Term Disability (LTD) premium decreased all other premiums remained the same.
- Retirees are not eligible for LTD or Spending Accounts.
- The CHI St. Joseph and Texas A&M Health Network, also known as the Brazos Valley Network, is a new network tier within the A&M Care plan with a $5 copay for a primary care physician, $15 copay for specialists, and 10% coinsurance for physicians and facilities contracted with CHI St. Joseph and Texas A&M. It is not available under the 65 Plus Plan. All other coverage will be the same.
- MDLive Virtual Visits are available with copay of $20.
- Graduate Student Health Plan rates increased.
- If you want to enroll in or increase your Optional or Dependent Life coverage, in most cases you must provide Evidence of Insurability (E of I). This year, you'll choose your coverage and amount in Workday, but wait until August 1 to submit your E of I. Workday will send you a reminder to complete this process.
- A hearing aid benefit has been added to the A&M Care Plans.
- If you are a 9-11 month, full-time, monthly-paid benefit eligible employee, your premiums will be prorated so that you pay for 12 months of premiums over 9 months. This means that you pay for 12 months of premiums by May 31.
- If you are adding a dependent during Open Enrollment in Workday, please select the Reason for Adding which most closely represents your situation.
- Beginning September 1, the Health Assessment will be available through MyEvive, and will count towards your annual wellness exam credit. The MyEvive app token code is MYEVIVETAMUS. Get started early and create a MyEvive account!
Open Enrollment is an opportunity for you to review your current benefit plan elections to ensure they continue to meet your needs and those of your family. Review your benefits online by logging into Workday on the SSO menu (https://sso.tamus.edu). You can change your benefits, update your beneficiaries, check your mailing address, and add an email address online through Workday. If you do not want to make any changes to your current benefits, you don’t need to do anything. Your current elections for these plans will automatically continue for plan year 2019, however, if you want a Health Care or Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account, you must enroll every year.
Open Enrollment will take place in Workday! Watch an introductory video about the Open Enrollment Process.
How to Enroll Online Through Workday:
Log in to Single Sign On (SSO) at https://sso.tamus.edu SSO menu using your Universal Identification Number (UIN) and your SSO password. Check your current benefit elections by clicking on the Benefits Worklet from your Workday Dashboard. Once you’re logged on, click on Workday. Then:
- During Open Enrollment: Select the Open Enrollment task in your Workday inbox and follow the steps to elect coverages. If you do not want to make any changes, you can leave your current elections selected, and submit the task.
- If you are adding dependents, enter the names and other required information for dependents you wish to add to any coverages under Dependents in the Benefits Worklet. (Use Workday- Add Dependent Worklet)
- Designate your beneficiaries for Basic Life, Optional and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage, if elected.
- Update tobacco user status for yourself and your spouse, if covered on your plan. Before exiting the system, click “submit” to submit your final choices for processing.
If you make any benefit changes, you will receive an email confirmation in Workday. Review the summary and be sure these are benefits you intended to elect for FY2019. Any changes you make during Open Enrollment will occur after September 1. Decisions made during Open Enrollment are binding through August 31, 2019, unless you have a qualified Life Event.
Booklet and Premium Information:
- Employee Booklet
- Retiree Booklet
- COBRA Booklet
- Full Time/Part Time Premiums 12 Month Employees
- Full Time Premiums 9 Month Employees
- Retiree and Survivor Premiums
- COBRA Continuation Premiums
- FY19 Benefits Guide
Visit the System Benefits Administration website to prepare for Open Enrollment and view the following information:
- Summary Plan Descriptions FY19
- MyEvive-Check Your Wellness Incentives
- Carrier Presentations
- When You and Your Spouse Work for the Texas A&M University
Benefits and Retirement Fair: Monday, July 9
The Fair will showcase vendors from our medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, Airrosti and Retirement plans.
- Central Academic Building - 1st Floor Rotunda, 101A, and 101B
- Monday, July 9
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Enter into the Ticket Prize Drawing by picking up ticket at the event and following these three simple steps to win some awesome prizes:
- Visit three vendors from each category (Benefits and Retirement)
- BCBSTX: ASK, what are your NEW FY19 criteria for FY20 Wellness Premium Incentive and the 12 over 9 month premiums.
- Ticket should be initialed by each vendor visited; drop off completed ticket into the ticket box at the event.