Medical and Prescription
The A&M System provides an excellent package of benefits to protect employees and their families during their working years as well as during retirement. You may use any doctor, hospital or other provider and receive benefits. However, you receive higher benefits if you use a provider in the plan's network. The A&M care plans are administered by BlueCross BlueShield of Texas. The plan has a prescription drug plan that is administered through Express Scripts which has its own drug deductible and drug copayments.
Employees are eligible to enroll in the benefits plan and life insurance who work at least 20 hours a week, with an appointment of at least 4.5 months.
The A&M Care, 65Plus and J Plan monthly premiums for the FY 17 benefit plan year are effective September 1, 2016 and are subject to change each FY benefit plan year.
- The A&M Care Plan is under the A&M System’s self-funded health program which has a $400 per person deductible and pays benefits at 80% after the deductible is met. However, office visits and drugs are covered with copays.
- The 65 Plus Plan is offered to employee that are retired, enrolled in Medicare Parts A&B and not working for A&M
- System for 50% or greater time. All covered dependents must also be enrolled in Medicare Pars A&B.
2016-2017 65 Plus Information
- The Texas A&M University Care J plan is only available to employees on a J-1 or J-2 visa and their family members. The plan has a $400 deductible with a 20% coinsurance for in network. The benefits are like those in the A&M Care plan, with variations listed for network and in non-network.
The A&M Care, 65Plus and J Plan pharmacy benefit is offered through our claim administrator, Express Scripts. The benefit allows you to use both retail and home delivery pharmacy. Participating retail pharmacy information and formulary information is available at http://www.express-scripts.com.
Instruction for Home Delivery Option through Express Scripts
If you take prescriptions medicine on an ongoing basis, the plan allows you to order from the home delivery pharmacy. Once you start, you can refill and renew your prescriptions from the website or mobile app- and free standard shipping is included through Express Scripts. To review the home delivery opportunities, visit the Express Script website or mobile app and for any medicine that displays the “Transfer to Home Delivery” option, click the button, then select the item and click “add to cart.” After you add the medicine to the cart, complete the checkout process in order to finalize the transfer to home delivery. Express Scripts will then reach out to your doctor to receive approval.
How to Verify Exam Credit
- Call BCBS at (866) 295-1212; or
- Create a MyEvive account through BlueCross BlueShield which is the online health and wellbeing experience personalized just for you.
Registering for your MyEvive account:
- Go to tamus.myevive.com
- Click on "Register"
- Enter your ID#, which is your BCBSTX member ID on your health insurance card (your UIN) (Both employee and spouse will use the employee UIN to register)
- Click on either "Employee/Subscriber" or "Spouse/Domestic Partner"
- Enter your first name, last name and date of birth
- Click "Next"
- Enter and confirm your email address
- Create, enter and confirm your password
- Enter your phone number
- Select whether you would prefer contact by email or text
- Check the box to accept the terms and conditions
- Click "Next"
- Indicate which statement best describes you
- Click "Create My Account"
Logging into your MyEvive account to check your incentive status:
- Go to tamus.myevive.com
- Click on "Sign in now"
- Enter your User name (email address) and your password you created when you registered
- Click on the "Check my wellness incentive" tile
- The date of your physical appears in this verbiage in the Annual Physical section
- Click on "Click here" in the "Annual Physical" section to determine when your next exam is due