Student Consumer Information
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) requires colleges and universities that participate in federal student financial aid programs to disclose certain information to current and prospective students, and to university employees.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. A disclosure requirement is information that a postsecondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information submitted to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Disclosure and reporting requirements sometimes overlap. For certain topics, institutions are required to make information available to students or others and to submit information to the Department of Education. To view a summary of HEA institutional disclosure requirements, click here.
Texas A&M University-San Antonio maintains this webpage to provide these disclosures in one location, which in turn allows consumers to make informed decisions regarding postsecondary education. Click on the links below for information on each topic. For additional questions, please contact the appropriate office.
Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Student Financial Assistance
- Student Financial Aid Information
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
General Institutional Information
- Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Student Body Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal, and Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Course Schedule Information
- Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty)
- Strategic Plan
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
Teacher Preparation Program
Health and Safety
- Biennial Review of Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Programs (DAAPP)
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevent Program (DAAP) - 2017 Report
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program - System document; A&M-SA specific information appears in the annual security report
- Vaccinations Policies
- Security Report (Including Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures, Timely Warnings, Crime Log, and Missing Student Notification)
- Fire Safety Report and Fire Log - Not applicable; at this time, Texas A&M University-San Antonio does not maintain any on-campus student housing facility
- Information for Crime Victims About Disciplinary Hearings
- Retention Rate - Texas A&M University-San Antonio admitted its first class of first-time full-time undergraduate students in fall 2016; retention data is pending.
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates) - Texas A&M University-San Antonio admitted its first class of first-time full-time undergraduate students in fall 2016; data on completion/graduation will be available beginning in fall 2020.
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates) – Not applicable. At this time, Texas A&M University-San Antonio does not offer athletically related student aid
- Placement in Employment - Not available
- Job Placement Rates - Not available
- Types of Graduate and Professional Education in Which Institution’s Graduates Enrolled - Not available
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data – Not applicable. At this time, Texas A&M University-San Antonio does not have intercollegiate athletic programs
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
- State Grant Assistance
- Student Loan Information Published by Department of Education
- National Student Loan Data System
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Private Education Loan Disclosures (Including Self-Certification Form) – Provided to prospective borrowers.
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender List – At this time Texas A&M University-San Antonio does not have a preferred lender list.
- Preferred Lender Arrangements – At this time Texas A&M University-San Antonio does not participate in a preferred lender arrangement.