Course Inventory Updates: Process and Deadlines
All proposals to add, change or delete courses from the Texas A&M University-San Antonio must be submitted on the Course Inventory Update form (Revised July 2015) in accordance with the process described below.
Academic program changes (new academic programs, changes to existing degree requirements) must be completed using the Curriculum Change form and additional paperwork, as required to satisfy TAMU-System, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and SACS requirements. Before initiating any program changes, all faculty are encouraged to contact the Provost’s Office to discuss the approval process.
Course Inventory Updates
- Colleges that plan to add or drop courses or make changes to existing course names or number must first follow established procedures within your College. Any required department-level approvals (committee and/or Department Chair) and College-level approvals (College Committee and College Dean) must be obtained prior to submitting requests to the University Curriculum Committees.
- Course Inventory Update forms and any supporting documents (syllabi, letters of support, copies of degree plans) must be submitted to the Office of the Provost by November 1st for the following academic year. Course inventory update requests will not be considered until they have been approved at the Department and College level. Failure to submit items by the due date will result in the proposal being tabled until the next meeting. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- The University’s curriculum committees will meet once in the fall (Third Wednesday in November) to consider proposals for the following academic year. For example, the Fall 2015 meeting will consider requests for changes that will be effective in Fall 2016. One signed hard copy of the Curriculum Change Form must be submitted to the Office of the Provost by November 1st.
- The appropriate University curriculum committee chair will sign off on approved proposals, and they will be forwarded to the Office of the Provost.
- The Office of the Provost will receive and disseminate completed Curriculum Change Forms.
- The Office of the Provost will receive and disseminate completed Course Change Forms.