Curriculum Changes: Process and Deadlines
All proposals to make changes to existing degree programs at Texas A&M University-San Antonio must be submitted on the Curriculum Change form (Revised July 2015) in accordance with the process described below. Before initiating any program changes, all faculty are encouraged to contact the Provost’s Office to discuss the approval process. If courses must be added, deleted, or changed to support proposed curriculum changes, those requests should be submitted on the Course Inventory Change form. Not all course inventory change requests require a curriculum change form.
- Faculty that plan to make curriculum changes must first follow established procedures within your college. Any required department-level approvals (committee and/or Department Chair) and college-level approvals (College Committee and/or Dean) must be obtained prior to submitting requests to the Office of the Provost.
- The Curriculum Change form, along with any Course Inventory Update forms and supporting documents (syllabi, letters of support, copies of degree plans) must be submitted to the Office of the Provost by November 1st for the following academic year. Curriculum change requests will not be considered until they have been approved at the department and college level. Failure to submit items by the due date will result in the proposal being tabled until the next meeting. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- The University’s curriculum committees will meet once in the fall (Third Wednesday in November) to consider proposals for the following academic year. For example, the Fall 2015 meeting will consider requests for changes that will be effective in Fall 2016. One signed hard copy of the Curriculum Change Form must be submitted to the Office of the Provost by November 1st.
- The appropriate University curriculum committee chair will sign off on approved proposals, and they will be forwarded to the Office of the Provost.
- The Office of the Provost will receive and disseminate completed Curriculum Change Forms.
- New program proposals may require the approval of the Texas A&M University System, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and/or the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additional documentation may be required. Please contact the Office of the Provost for additional information.
- Substantive changes in existing degree programs may also require notification of and approval by SACSCOC. The SACSCOC Substantive Change Policy is available here: http://www.sacscoc.org/SubstantiveChange.asp.