Apply for Financial Aid
At Texas A&M University-San Antonio
APPLY EARLY! You can start the process as early as October 1! Go to the FAFSA webpage www.fafsa.ed.gov
To qualify for federal funding, you MUST be an admitted degree-seeking student.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form is a federally approved application. To apply for Federal and State student grants, work-study and loans follow the step by step instructions below.
For detailed financial aid information visit the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid webpage.
For scholarship information, visit the Scholarship webpage.
- APPLY for a student Federal PIN number online.
- Your PIN will allow you to access and sign your FAFSA.
- If you are a dependent, your parent will need a PIN.
- COMPLETE the FAFSA Application Online
- For Texas A&M University-San Antonio, Federal School Code 042485
- Once you have completed the application, you will be sent a Student Aid Report (SAR) to your email within 7-10 business days. Keep this SAR in a safe place.
- If your SAR has errors, correct them online using your Federal PIN.
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio will receive your SAR. (Remember to use School Code 042485)
- MONITOR your application status online at JagWire.
- Log onto JagWire: www.tamusa.tamus.edu/jagwire
- The U.S. Department of Education may select you for “verification”.
- If you are selected, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will notify you through your Jaguar email to request specific documents to complete your financial aid application.
- You are responsible for submitting any additional documentation that is requested by either the financial aid office or the federal agency processing your application. Failure to provide the required additional documents may delay your financial aid.
We will notify you through your Jaguar e-mail account once you have been awarded financial aid. You will be able to accept or decline your financial aid awards through JagWire.
How to Accept Your Financial Aid
1. Log onto JagWire at www.tamusa.tamus.edu/jagwire
2. Login ID is your K# and the pin is your date of birth in "MMDDYY" format.
3. Select the Student & Financial Aid link then select the Financial Aid link.
4. Select Award, the Award for Aid Year, the Aid Year, and submit.
5. Select the Terms and Conditions tab. Review all terms and conditions and select Agree.
6. Select the Accept Award Offer tab - To accept full loan amounts offered, choose Accept All Awards.
7. To accept a partial amount, type in the amount desired, change the drop down box, and select Submit Decision.
8. The amount desired will split in two disbursements, half for the fall semester and half for the spring semester.
You MUST complete the Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note through Direct Lending
- Go to www.studentloans.gov and select Sign in.
- Login requires social security number, first two letters of last name, date of birth, and FAFSA PIN.
- If you do not have your FAFSA PIN, you can request a duplicate at www.fafsa.ed.gov and visit the pin site.
- Select Complete Entrance Counseling to begin.
- After completing entrance counseling, a master promissory note must be signed. Select Complete MPN.
- Select Subsidized/Unsubsidized as loan type and school choice will be Texas A&M University-San Antonio.