IntroductionStep 1Step 2Step 3Step 4Step 5Important Information to Know

The following Road Map has been designed to offer the most concise information possible to guide our new transfer students through the enrollment process:

1. Apply for Admission to the University.

2. Submit the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).

3. Submit the A&M-San Antonio Scholarship application.

Although not a final deadline, we do recommend that students complete the FAFSA and Scholarship applications by the priority deadline.

Fall – March 31

Those students meeting the priority deadlines for Admission, Financial Aid, and Scholarships have the best chance of receiving monetary aid and registration in the courses they most desire. 


  • Transfer Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 of all transferrable credits.

  • Students must have at least 30 academic transferrable credit hours.

  • Students with less than 29 academic transferrable hours must meet the freshmen requirements, please visit to review the freshman admission standards.

  • Students must meet TSI Requirement. (See TSI below)


What is TSI? – TSI is the Texas Success Initiative – It requires students to be assessed in reading, writing and mathematical skills before enrolling in a Texas public college or university. Students must be “TSI complete” before enrolling at Texas A&M University-San Antonio. Courses required for remediation will not be counted toward the minimum degree requirements at either institution.

Consortium Agreement

What is a Consortium Agreement? – Two or more schools may enter into a consortium or contractual agreement so that a student can continue to receive Federal Student Aid funds while studying at a school or organization other than his or her "home" school. The "home" school is the one that will grant the student's degree or certification. For additional information visit the Consortium Agreement webpage.


Transfer Students


If you have not yet been accepted to Texas A&M University-San Antonio, you may want to visit with an Admissions Counselor to review an unofficial degree plan.

Admission CounselorsOur Admission Counselors are devoted to helping students make a seamless transition to Texas A&M University-San Antonio.  Admission Counselors assist students with defining their educational goals and work closely with students to provide academic advising and general information on admission and financial aid.  Contact an Admission Counselors at the following: or (210) 784-1300,


Veteran Students

Those prospective students utilizing VA education benefits should contact the Office of Student Veteran Certification Services for additional details or email to Students utilizing their federal VA education benefits must submit a completed file (COE less than 1 year old, DD 214, Certification Request Form, Military transcripts, Signed Degree Plan less than 1 year old) by the posted priority deadline in order for your benefits to be established for a given semester.  Those students utilizing the state Hazlewood benefits must submit a completed file (VA letter stating federal benefits have been exhausted, DD 214, HE-V, and complete the Online Hazlewood hours registration) by the posted priority deadline in order for your benefits to be established for a given semester.  Any Hazlewood Legacy students will need to complete additional paperwork for a completed file (HE-D form and provide a birth certificate or tax return to show dependent status of the Veteran).  Legacy students must maintain an Institutional GPA of a 2.0 or higher to remain eligible for the Hazlewood Legacy benefits.  Lastly, Hazlewood benefits are considered a resource for financial aid purposes.  If you are receiving financial aid in addition to Hazlewood, all documents should be submitted by the posted priority deadline to prevent any overawards.  Any Hazlewood submissions after the priority deadline and after financial aid has disbursed may have their accounts adjusted and may owe money back to the University. 

International Students

International Students should consult with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and International Affairs for additional details at (210) 784-1310.