Fall 2017 Parking Pass Update
Dear members of the A&M-San Antonio community:
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 8 A.M., the 2017-2018 parking permits will be available for purchase. The same day, a new parking lot, Lot 3, becomes available for faculty, staff and students with a permit.
Parking lot changes and additions:
- Lot 1 will remain the same (Faculty/Staff/Visitors/ADA parking). No student parking allowed in this lot.
- Lot 2 (adjacent to the Auditorium and Central Academic Building) remains available for faculty, staff and students with a current permit.
- The number of visitor parking spaces will double.
- The number of ADA spaces will double.
- Lot 3 (new lot west of Lot 2) will be opened for faculty, staff and students with a current permit.
- Resident parking will be on the east slip lanes of Verano Parkway and reserved for them 24/7.
- You may purchase permits online beginning Monday, August 14, at 8 A.M.
- Purchase your permit online by credit card through the Parking Registration website. The only methods of payment acceptable are: American Express, Discover, MasterCard or e-check. VISA IS NOT ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. If using e-check, you will need your account and routing numbers. All online purchases are subject to online processing fee not to exceed $1.95.
- In-person payments or cash/check payments can be made through Student Business Services in the Madla Building, Room 135. Your vehicle must still be registered online prior to purchase.
- If you pay through the online service, print your receipt and place it on your dashboard when parked on campus until you pick up your official permit. You have 10 calendar days to pick up your permit at the A&M-SA Police Department dispatch window in Madla Building, Room 120 (available 24/7).
- You must bring a valid picture ID (A&M-SA issued ID, State issued DL, Military ID, Passport, etc.) to receive your parking permit.
- Disabled Veteran Exemption: disabled veterans must display a valid A&M-SA permit and are exempt from payment of fees for any parking permit for which they are eligible. The free permit is to be used for the veteran only or while they are in the vehicle and issued only to those who have license plates registered through the Texas DMV to the veteran.
Those exempt from paying a fee must display the following plates on their vehicle:
- Congressional Medal of Honor
- Army Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, Air Force Cross, and Coast Guard Cross.
- Silver Star
- Bronze Star
- Purple Heart
- Prisoner of War
- Pearl Harbor survivor
- Disabled veteran
- Permits are static cling-type and must be placed on the inside of the front windshield, with numbers facing out and above your registration sticker.
- Motorcycle permits are free if you purchase a vehicle permit.
- You must pay any outstanding citations before you will receive a new parking permit.
- Warning citations for expired or no parking permits will be issued until Sunday, September 10, 2017. All other parking rules and regulations will continue to be enforced.
Parking Rules and Regulations can found here.
|Permit Type||Lot #||Cost|
|Faculty & Staff||1, 2, 3||$60 per FY|
|Student||2, 3||$60 per FY|
|Motorcycle||2, 3||$60 per FY (waived if
Resident permit has been
|Resident||Verano Slip Lane||$60 per FY/Non-Refundable|
If you have questions, please contact the A&M-SA Police Department non-emergency line at (210) 784-1900 or by email at email@example.com.