Returning Student Admission
Former students who have had a break in enrollment of more than one year at Texas A&M University-San Antonio and wish to return to Texas A&M University-San Antonio.
1. Complete the online application for admission for Texas A&M University-San Antonio at www.applytexas.org.
2. Those who have taken college work at another institution, who have “in progress” coursework on their transcripts, or who only have unofficial transcripts on file must request official transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions* and must be in good academic standing at the previous institution.
Students are not at liberty to disregard previous college work attempted. If you have attended other institutions of higher education since you were last enrolled at Texas A&M University- San Antonio, you must submit an official transcript from each institution.
3. Transcripts should be sent via mail to:
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
Office of Admissions
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
If previous institutions participate in the sending of secure electronic transcripts (e-script, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or Trans Networks) transcripts must be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Pay non-refundable $15 application fee. Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
5. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to specific departments.
Please be aware if a you apply multiple times, the application submitted most recently (regardless of term or type) will void any previously submitted applications.
If you did not enroll for the term in which you were admitted, you will be required to reapply, and will be re-evaluated to determine admissibility.
1. Upon evaluation, if student’s transfer grade point average is below 2.0, the student will be deemed ineligible to continue.
2. Students who have been placed on Enforced Withdrawal and have been readmitted to the university should contact their program advisor for reinstatement.
3. Must be eligible to return to all previously attended colleges or universities
*Applications will not be evaluated until all transcripts from previous colleges/universities are received.
|Semester||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Spring||November 1st||December 20th|
|Summer||April 1st||July 1st|
|Fall||March 15th||August 5th|
Deadlines above reflect the deadlines for the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2019 terms
The application will not be accepted after the final deadline date. Supporting documents to complete admission files must be received by 5 p.m. on the date of the final deadline. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or holiday will be extended to the following business day. Applications that are not completed by the final deadline will not be processed for an admission decision for that application term and will be withdrawn by the university. Application deadlines are subject to change and do not reflect, nor guarantee, preferred course offerings will be available.
Although not a requirement for admission to the University, transfer students must be TSI ready in all areas before they can register for 3000 and 4000 (junior and senior) level courses.
Additionally, any transfer student admitted to the University who is not TSI ready in any of the three areas (math, reading, and writing) should meet with an Academic Advisor to determine the best course of action regarding coursework and TSI testing.