Good Neighbor Scholarship (GNS) Program
The Good Neighbor Scholarship provides tuition assistance to students from nations of the Western Hemisphere (not Cuba or the U.S.). This scholarship exempts the student from paying tuition for one full academic year (fall, spring, and summer). Selected recipients are responsible for paying fees.
How to Apply
You must meet the eligibility criteria and submit the following to the Office of International Affairs by March 5, 2020.
- Academic transcript;
- Evidence of having registered for Selective Services (Students on valid F-1 visa do not need to register); and
- Copies of your immigration documents (I-20, passport, visa & I-94).
Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
What Happens After I Apply?
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio’s Good Neighbor Scholarship Committee will review applications, and endorse submissions to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board will select the recipients and notify the Office of International Affairs.
- The Office of International Affairs will notify students during the month of May with the award information.