Strategic Plan: Build. Impact. Transform.
By Office of the President
Monday, 03 19 2018
The Office of the President is pleased to invite proposal submissions that spur collaboration and innovation in implementing the Strategic Plan: Build. Impact. Transform.
- Proposals shall be student-focused and align with Goal 1
- Examples include but are not limited to initiatives that enhance time to degree and graduation rates, curricular or co-curricular student engagement, student learning, mentor programs and learning communities.
- There will be limited awards made based on funding and impact of the proposal. A total of $500,000 has been allocated for fall and spring strategic plan proposal awards.
- Proposals may be for one-time initiatives or seed funds for on-going initiatives.
- A timeline for achieving the proposed program/initiative and measureable deliverables are required.
- Faculty who are submitting a proposal and are seeking a buyout must receive approval from the appropriate Department Chair.
- Proposals that include collaborations with other A&M-SA units/departments will receive preference.
Note: The Strategic Planning Seed Grants are not permanent funds and should include a plan for sustaining the proposed program/initiative beyond the grant-supported timeframe.
Submitting a Proposal:
- Access the Strategic Plan Grant Seed Proposal Form.
- The Grant Seed Proposal Form will be available to the University community on Monday, March 19, 2018.
- All Grant Seed Proposal Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Monday, June 18, 2018.
Proposal Review Process:
- The Chief of Staff will serve as the central repository for proposals.
- Each member of the President's Cabinet will evaluate proposals: VP for Business Affairs, Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, VP for Student Affairs, VP for University Advancement and the Chief of Staff. The President will make final decisions.
- The Chief of Staff shall issue notifications to all applicants no later than Friday, August 24, 2018.
- Awards will be posted on the Strategic Planning website and recipients will participate in a campus symposium.
Please direct questions about the process to Jen Haft via email or (210) 784-1612.
Dr. Cynthia Teniente-Matson, President