Texas A&M University-San Antonio Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid policy and procedures falls under the accreditation of Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
Financial Aid at Texas A&M University-San Antonio
The TAMU-SA Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is here to assists students in obtaining financial assistance in order to supplement their own contribution to a college education. TAMU-SA offers a variety of federal, state, institutional, and private fund(s) to assist eligible students in funding their education. The financial gap between the cost of an education and monies available from the family can be complemented by grants, loans, scholarships and/or student employment. Our office updates the types of aid available annually and therefore it is encouraged for students to periodically check on their financial aid status.
- Beginning January 1, 2016, students will be able to select Texas A&M-San Antonio as their school choice when completing the FAFSA! For the 2016-2017 FAFSA, be sure to use the new school code: 042485. Students completing the 2015-2016 FAFSA should continue to select A&M-Kingsville as their school choice.
- Is your financial aid ready to disburse? Confirm the following items are complete and in good standing:
- Accepted Terms and Conditions
- Accepted financial aid award
- No unsatisfied student requirements
- Completed Entrance Counseling (if accepted loans)
- Completed Master Promissory Note (if accepted loans)
- Passing Satisfactory Academic Progress status for spring 2016
- Stay current with important financial aid deadlines for spring 2016!
- Verification documents: April 29, 2016
- Consortium Agreement: February 3, 2016
- SAP Appeal: February 3, 2016
- Financial Aid Revision Request: April 29, 2016
Apply for Financial Aid
Students often mistakenly think they do not qualify for financial aid and prevent themselves from ever applying. Don't wait! Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Beginning January 1, 2016, students can select A&M-San Antonio as their school choice.
Complete your FAFSA
FAFSA school code: 042485
Financial Aid Resources
There are a variety of tools available online to simplify the financial aid process and help with general questions. Review our list of helpful websites.
Discover helpful online tools
Did you know that scholarships are another alternative to loans or grants that can help you pay for college? Check out the TAMU-SA scholarship website for scholarship deadlines and more information about scholarships offered at TAMU-SA.
Review scholarship opportunities
Financial Aid Calendar
Deadlines are critical for processing financial aid. Review important financial aid dates and deadlines and stay informed. Additionally, each semester financial aid conducts workshops on repayment of student loans, satisfactory academic progress, and a variety of other topics. For dates and time, review the Financial Aid Calendar.
Review important financial aid deadlines and events
Now is the time to apply for financial aid for the 2014/2015 academic year. We know the FAFSA can be a little scary. There is no need to be scared though. Financial Aid will be available to help students complete their FAFSA. Bring your tax documents and/or wage statements and let us help you!
- Wednesday, March 5, 1-3 p.m. Main Campus, room 253
- Thursday, March 6, 4-6:30 p.m. Brooks City-Base, room 170
- Wednesday, March 19, 1-3 p.m. Main Campus, room 253
- Thursday, March 20, 4-6:30 p.m. Brooks City-Base, room 170
- Wednesday, March 26, 1-3 p.m. Main Campus, room 253
- Thursday, March 27, 4-6:30 p.m. Brooks City-Base, room 170