Welcome to Texas A&M University-San Antonio's Information Technology Services
The Information Technology Services (ITS) group, under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer, is responsible for designing, deploying, managing, supporting and maintaining all technology-based resources for our Students, Faculty and Staff
If you have any questions, please contact the I.T.S. Help Desk at (210) 784-4357 (HELP).
You can also find quick help links here: How Do I?
Help Desk Hours
Spring Break Hours:
Sunday, March 10th: Closed
Mon–Fri, March 11th – 15th: Open 8am – 6pm
Saturday, March 16th: Closed
Sunday, March 17th: Closed
Information Technology Services (ITS) will be bringing down all core network services for critical infrastructure upgrades on the following dates and times:
Friday, March 15, 2019, beginning at 7:00 p.m. until approximately 3:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 16, 2019, beginning at 12:00 p.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 17, 2019, beginning at 12:00 p.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m.
ITS is in the midst of replacing a great deal of aging hardware and upgrading the network infrastructure on campus. This work is critical to our ability to take on additional projects, such as bringing our Student Information System (SIS), Banner, in house and deploying an electronic document management system.
As a result, services such as telephones, JagWire, printing, email, Blackboard, Banner, file shares, Wi-Fi, VPN, Registers will be unavailable during this time.
ITS has been working closely with the University Police Department (UPD) to ensure plans are in place for campus students, faculty, staff, and visitors to contact UPD in the event of an emergency during this planned outage.Normal Hours:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
Located in Central Academic Building - Suite 233
Our goal is to provide an innovative, customer-focused, and robust foundation for information technology solutions that enable the university community to pursue excellence in research, education, and public service. We seek to establish trust with our customers through professionalism, honest and open dialogue, high-quality customer service, and a commitment to partnership and collaboration.
ITS engages with and works in collaboration and partnership with the campus and its stakeholders through an established governance framework consisting of the following:
- President’s Leadership Council (PLC)
- Staff Council
- Academic Leadership (Provost, Deans
Below is the broad group of services that
- End user computing platforms
- Networking and communications infrastructure providing internal and external connectivity
- Systems infrastructure supporting enterprise applications, storage, communications and collaboration platforms, virtual platforms, directory services (LDAP, AD)
- Data management and provisioning services
- Academic, classroom and instructional design
- Audio/video systems
- End user support including ITS Helpdesk, training and documentation
- Consulting services including requirements gathering, needs analysis, evaluation and testing of resources, recommendation of solutions.
ITS is organized into four large groups as described below:
- User Services: Responsible for providing assistance, training and support for general ITS and classroom technologies
- Academic Technology: Responsible for providing assistance, Faculty training and support, and instructional design assistance
- Application Services: Responsible for managing enterprise wide applications and the data needs of the campus
- Infrastructure Services: Responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining server platforms and networking/communications infrastructure