Dear A&M-SA Faculty and Staff:
The 2019 State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC) has officially begun and will run through October 31. This annual program encourages A&M-SA staff and faculty to give back by contributing to a not-for-profit organization of their choice. Last year, we provided support to a variety of community organizations and impacted a myriad of charitable causes. We hope you will consider making a charitable contribution to a cause you feel passionate about. For your convenience, gifts may be deducted directly from your paycheck and sent to the organization(s) of your choice. The University's 2019 goal this year is a 40% participation rate.
Why Should I Give to the SECC?
- Lots of these charities help lots of our students.
- It helps you support a favorite cause or charity on a regular basis.
- It makes A&M-SA a strong community partner.
- It makes you feel great.
- It is tax deductible.
- You may already be involved with one of these charities or may be in the future.
Examples of the Impact your Gift will Provide
$20 PER MONTH for one year:
- Provides food for one guide dog in advanced training.
- Buys six cases of non-latex gloves to keep volunteers safe during beach cleanups.
- Provides a full year of groceries for a homebound AIDS patient.
- Supports training in an environmental career for a person with a disability.
$10 PER MONTH for one year:
- Screens one uninsured woman for breast cancer.
- Pays for a veteran’s occupational certification to find employment.
- Underwrites free museum admission for 30 students.
- Will help a family in crisis with their monthly utility or grocery bills.
$5 PER MONTH for one year:
- Sponsors eyes exams for two children in need.
- Provides 12 students with an interactive CD on college-age depression and suicide.
- Covers the registration fee for one patient or family member to attend the National Organization for Rare Disorders Patient/Family Conference.
- Underwrites equipment and supplies for five people to spend a morning cleaning a beach or river bank.
How Much Should I Give?
How much you give is totally up to you. You might consider one of the standards used in campaigns like this, which is GIVING A HALF HOUR’S PAY PER MONTH, usually calculated as 0.003 percent of your annual salary. Give what you feel is appropriate for you and your budget. Any gift, no matter how large or small, will make a difference to the many charities being helped by this campaign.
How to Give
To make a gift, visit https://sso.tamus.edu starting today and select SECC Enrollment, then the recipient(s) and the amount of your contribution(s).
And for the question you’re DYING to ask . . .
Will the Lip Sync happen this year since Brandon’s gone?
Yes, mark your calendars for October 31, and stay tuned for more information.
Your generous support will help so many of our local non-profit organizations to continue the good work they are doing. If you have any questions about the SECC campaign, please contact Mary Kay Cooper at (210) 784-1121 or at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support of the SECC!