New Educational Benefit Users

Students without a military benefit at A&M-SA are considered NEW benefit users. This includes first-year students, transfer students, and students switching benefits.
Military General the Jaguar
blue tile

How to attend A&M-SA with military benefits

1. University Application process

The first step is applying for admission. For Undergraduate and Graduate application steps, please visit our Office of Admissions.

2. Verify Education Benefit

Know which benefits you qualify for and what they do so you can use them. View all VA benefits at For Hazlewood information, visit /

3. VA Benefits Application Process

While applying to the university, you may need to apply for your military benefits. To apply for federal VA education benefits, visit the VA webpage.

4. Orientation

Once you have been accepted to A&M-SA, you must attend New Student Orientation or Transfer Orientation.

5. Registration

After completing your Orientation, you will register for your courses. This will be done in your Jagwire account. All registered courses must be on your degree plan. For any questions during registration or concerns about your degree plan, please get in touch with Academic Advising.

6. Use benefits at A&M-SA

Military Affairs begins accepting benefit forms as soon as the semester registration window opens. There will be no documents collected unless all required documents are complete.

Patriots Casa | Suite 202

For any questions, comments, or concerns, please use our service portal or call us at 210-784-1397